Chartwells Catering at UNC Charlotte is always ready to assist you with planning a menu for your special event. Chartwells provides a wide array of options to create a custom menu. Service includes everything from refreshment breaks and terrace barbecues to receptions and elegantly served dinners. You can also order pizza delivery online.
Chartwells’ small group catering program allows for pick up and delivery service from Bojangles, Chick-fil-A, Panda Express, Salsarita’s and Subway.
Food Service Policy Exemption Requests
Anytime an event is on campus and food is to be served or consumed, the guidelines outlined in University Policy 709 must be followed. Groups wishing to use outside caterers for campus events or accept donated food, must submit a request through the Food Service Waiver Form.
Please contact Chartwells Catering before submitting the Food Service Policy Exemption Request to see if they can accommodate your catering needs.
Food Truck Procedures
While food trucks are a great way to conveniently accommodate groups on campus, the University’s dining program does not have a policy that allows access to campus by local food trucks. Our food service provider, Chartwells has an exclusive arrangement which ensures that food safety and liability concerns are managed under their contract. University Policy 709 sets forth the guidelines for food service exceptions.
Currently, Auxiliary Services will only allow food trucks on campus for University sponsored campus-wide/community events hosted by a University affiliated group/department. Food trucks may only access campus when invited and when all necessary paperwork has been completed and approved by appropriate University administration. All requests will be referred to Chartwells to maintain the safety and integrity of the food program and that the vendor is not in direct competition with any on campus retail locations.
While we understand that food truck programs have predetermined pricing, Chartwells and Auxiliary Services must review and approve all food truck prices prior to the event. If it is found that items are being sold for considerably less than the same items in other UNC Charlotte retail locations, we reserve the right to ask for a pricing adjustment while the food truck is on campus.
All food trucks are required to submit:
- Completed Food Service Waiver Form; signed by responsible party (member of the affiliated group).
- An approved Mecklenburg County Health Department Mobile Food Unit Permit (see charmeck.org for details)
- A copy of the most recent Health Department Inspection; the minimum acceptable score is 95%.
- Insurance that meets the following specifications;
- The University of North Carolina at Charlotte must be listed as an additional insured under general liability policy via a legible certificate of insurance.
- The name of the company must appear in the insured box. If the parent company name is different, other names must be listed as DBAs.
- The University of North Carolina at Charlotte must be listed as an additional insured on the Auto Liability Insurance policy when bringing automobiles or trailers onto campus. Proper documentation must be provided prior to the event.
Completion of the paperwork does not guarantee inclusion in any campus events. Request will be reviewed on an event-by-event basis, depending on the needs of the event.
Parking locations must be finalized and approved before arriving on campus.
Any questions should be referred to Jorge Elizagaray, 704-687-0687 email@example.com, UNC Charlotte Director of Operations