Full-Service Catering

Chartwells Catering at UNC Charlotte is always ready to assist you with planning a menu for your special event. Chartwells provides a wide array of options to create a custom menu. Service includes everything from refreshment breaks and terrace barbecues to receptions and elegantly served dinners. You can also order pizza delivery online.

Retail Catering

Chartwells’ small group catering program allows for pick up and delivery service from Bojangles, Chick-fil-A, Panda Express, Salsarita’s and Subway.

Food Service Policy Exemption Requests

Anytime an event is on campus and food is to be served or consumed, the guidelines outlined in University Policy 709 must be followed. Groups wishing to use outside caterers for campus events or accept donated food, must submit a request through the Food Service Waiver Form.

Please contact Chartwells Catering before submitting the Food Service Policy Exemption Request to see if they can accommodate your catering needs.

Food Truck Procedures

While food trucks are a great way to conveniently accommodate groups on campus, the University’s dining program, does not have a policy that allows access to off campus food trucks. Currently, Auxiliary Services will only allow food trucks on campus for University sponsored, campus-wide/community events, hosted by a University affiliated group/department. Chartwells has a campus exclusive arrangement which ensures that food safety and liability concerns are managed under their contract. University Policy 709 sets forth the guidelines for food service exceptions. All requests will be referred to Chartwells to maintain the safety and integrity of the food program and that the vendor is not in direct competition with any on campus retail locations.

Food trucks may only access campus at the approved time from the Affiliated UNC Charlotte department.

Meals served at the event are to be paid by the inviting department. Food Trucks are not allowed to sell food directly to the campus community.

Steps to be approved for an event:

  1. The Affiliated UNC Charlotte department (inviting department) will need to complete the Food Service Waiver Form.
  2. All food trucks are required to submit the following information to Jorge Elizagaray, University Dining Service Manager:
    • An approved Mecklenburg County Health Department Mobile Food Unit Permit (see for details)
    • A copy of the most recent Health Department Inspection; the minimum acceptable score is 95%.
    • Insurance that meets the following specifications:
      • The University of North Carolina at Charlotte must be listed as an additional insured under general liability policy via a legible certificate of insurance.
      • The name of the company must appear in the insured box. If the parent company name is different, other names must be listed as DBAs.
      • The University of North Carolina at Charlotte must be listed as an additional insured on the Auto Liability Insurance policy when bringing automobiles or trailers onto campus.
      • The following insurance coverages:
        • Commercial General Liability insurance: minimum limit of $1,000,000 per occurrence and $2,000,000 in the aggregate, including the following:
        • Products and Completed Operations: minimum limit of $1,000,000
        • Personal Injury: minimum limit of $1,000,000
        • Advertising injury: minimum limit of $1,000,000
        • Damage to Premises rented to You: minimum limit of $100,000
        • Automobile Liability insurance: minimum limit of $1,000,000 combined single limit

Proper documentation must be provided prior to the event. Completion of the paperwork does not guarantee inclusion in any campus events. Requests will be reviewed on an event-by-event basis, depending on the needs of the event. Parking locations must be finalized and approved before arriving on campus.