In addition to your meal plan, both the 49er Account and the Optional Dining Account reside on your Charlotte 49er ID Card. Simply make a deposit and the accounts are instantly activated!
A 49er ID card allows access to:
- Campus housing
- Campus activities and programs
- Athletic events and recreational facilities
- Computer labs
- Student Health Center
The 49er ID card also serves as a:
- Meal plan card
- Library card
- Secondary credential for virtual parking privileges
And holds funds for:
- 49er Account
- Optional Dining Account (ODA)
To get a 49er ID card, you’ll need:
- A student ID number that begins with 800 or 801 (assigned at acceptance; appears on the acceptance letter);
- To be registered for classes;
- Proof of University affiliation such as acceptance letter, class schedule or tuition bill;
- One valid proof of identification such as a driver’s license, state-issued ID or passport.
- Upload your ID photo in advance.
- Visit the 49er ID Card Office in the Popp Martin Student Union to have your physical ID card printed.
49er IDs have contactless technology
Whether you have a 49er Mobile ID on your phone or a physical card, your credential will work by tapping card readers across campus. Chips inside the phone and card allow for contactless transactions.
Activation of card accounts and features
- Immediately available: Door access, meal plans, campus spending accounts
- Next business day: Parking gate access, key boxes, Kronos
Do not punch or drill a hole in your 49er ID Card
If you damage the chip in your physical 49er Card and cause the contactless feature to stop working, you are responsible for the replacement cost ($20).
Your 49er ID must be carried on campus at all times. Your ID is nontransferable. Unauthorized use or alteration warrants confiscation and/or disciplinary action. Return found cards to the 49er Card Office.
Use of card images
The University may use the cardholder’s image for internal identification purposes, including for the generation of photo-based class rosters. Please see 49er Card Terms and Conditions for more information.