All-you-care-to-eat buffet dining.
Located on the second level of the Student Union, Crown Commons features action stations, allowing for a customized, more personal dining experience. Almost everything is cooked-to-order right in front of you. Choices include:
- Burning Stone – pizza fresh from a gas-fired oven
- Create Soup and Salad – Build a salad, then add sizzling proteins cooked to order
- Between the Bread – freshly sliced meats, cheeses and fresh toppings, piled high on just-baked breads
- Chef’s Table – flavors from around the world; completely customizable meals to order
- Hot Flats – burgers and other favorites grilled or charbroiled to order
- The Kitchen – comfort foods and rotisserie items
- Vegan and avoiding gluten entrées and meat-free offerings for vegetarians
- Waffle, cereal, and dessert bars
SoVi at South Village Crossing
At SoVi, meals are prepared in smaller batches and served tapas-style on individual plates, resulting in portion awareness, brighter flavor, eye appeal and waste reduction. Small plate presentation is not restrictive; go back for more as many times as you like! Action stations include:
- Rooted – pasta tosses, omelets or fresh salad creations
- Homestyle – interchangeable Evo and Teppanyaki grill cook tops that offer healthy cooking
- Avoiding Gluten – A made to order tapas-style station created for students who are looking to avoid gluten in their diet
- Flame – Flame-grilled burgers, grilled chicken, vegan burgers, or grilled cheese paired with assorted hot and cold toppings
- Cucina / 500 Degrees – Italian area serving pizza and other favorites
- Fresh 52 / Carved and Crafted – Extensive salad bar and self-serve deli with proteins to top leafy greens or building your own sandwiches/wraps
- Bok Choy – Asian station with Jade double wok
- Sweet Shoppe – Pastries, mousses, cookies and gelato
- Plus a seasonal Dining Terrace that overlooks Davis Lake
Also at South Village Crossing:
- SoVi Market + Bakery where fresh-baked goods and convenience items are available.
Spring 2023 door rates
What’s on the menu?
Daily and upcoming menus for dining halls can be found on Dine on Campus.