Lost or Stolen 49er Card

Report a lost or stolen 49er Card

If your 49er ID Card is lost or stolen, you should suspend the use of your card online as soon as possible using 49er Card Online.

You can also report a lost or stolen card immediately by telephone to the 49er Card Office (704-687-7337) from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.

When a card is lost or stolen, the account balance cannot be protected until the card is reported and suspended. You may contact the 49er Card and Meal Plan Office to have the card reinstated if it is later found or you may purchase a new card. The cardholder bears sole responsibility for any funds spent between the time the card was lost or stolen and the time it is reported.

Order a replacement 49er Card

There is a $20 replacement fee for lost or stolen cards. Temporary Cards may be issued at no cost and may be used for seven (7) days, after which the cards must be returned and a new card may be purchased for $20.

Replacement cards are available at the Meal Plans/49er Card Office in the Popp Martin Student Union.