The 49er Card’s online photo submission process enables UNC Charlotte students, faculty, staff and guests to upload their 49er ID Card photo. Cardholders are encouraged to submit their photo online prior to obtaining a new or replacement card. Photos are typically approved within 24 business hours.
Photo Submission Guidelines
Your ID Card photo must be a current picture of you taken in accordance with the U.S Department of State Passport Standards.
- Current color photo in .jpg format
- White smooth background required
- Centered, front view of full face
- Cropped from just above the top of the head down to the collarbone
- Proper lighting
- Eyes open and visible
- Straight face or smile
- Wear prescription glasses if you normally do so
- Head coverings allowed if you wear it daily for religious purposes
- Full face must be visible
- Covering cannot obscure hairline or cast shadows on face
- Wearing a hat, sunglasses, or anything that obscures the face
- No shadows on the face, glare on glasses, or red eye
- Other visible people or objects in the photo
- No props or hand gestures allowed
- Inappropriate expressions
- Copyrighted images
If your photo has not been accepted, you will receive an email with an explanation and a link for re-submission. All communication from the 49er Card Office will be sent to your UNC Charlotte email address.
If you are a new student living on campus, submit your photo online, and bring a government-issued photo ID to the Housing and Residence Life desk during move-in to pick up your 49er Card. You will receive an email instructing you where to pick up your 49er Card.
If you are a new commuter student, submit your photo online, and fill out a request form. Your 49er Card will be mailed to the address listed on the request form prior to the start of the semester. The deadline to have your card mailed is Friday, July 16.
You must bring your student number and a government-issued photo ID. If submitting for replacement of a lost or stolen card, there is a $20 fee.
49er Card Pick Up
If you are unable to have your 49er Card mailed or you need to pick up a replacement card in person, please bring one of the following accepted forms of identification:
- Active driver’s license or state ID card issued by any U.S. state or territory
- Active U.S. passport or passport card
- Canadian drivers license or passport
- Foreign passport with active U.S. visa
- U.S. green card (permanent resident card)
- U.S. military ID
These items will not be accepted as valid IDs:
- A photocopied ID of any kind
- High school ID
- ID from another college or university
- Foreign passport without U.S. visa
- Foreign driver's license
How to Submit Your Photo Online
- Log in to eCard.
- Select Profile in the Upper left corner menu bar.
- Under Personal Information click the Click to submit a new photo link to open the online photo upload window. A new browser tab will open.
- Follow the on screen instructions to upload your photo.
- When finished selecting and cropping your photo, click Submit this photo. A confirmation window will display and your photo is pending approval.
If you have any questions please contact the 49er Card Office
at 704-687-7337 or at 49erCard@uncc.edu.