What is bulk mail?
Bulk mail is a classification of discounted mail that meets certain requirements. Rates are dependent on content, size, shape, weight, mailing distance and quantity. All bulk mail must be completely uniform except for the destination address.
Bulk mail services
We also provide other related mail and bindery services, including:
- Mailing list merge (consolidation), duplicate purge and address list validation
- Indicia printing
- Printing and labeling return address, delivery address and endorsements
- Intelligent Mail barcoding for easy tracking
- Move address updates
- Geocoding (delivery of mail to specified miles from campus)
- Inserting letters, brochures, magazines, letters or reply cards into outer envelope
- Folding brochures; pairing with letters, magazines, reply envelopes, reply cards and sealing
Bulk mail requirements
- Quantity minimums:
- 200 pieces (or 50 lbs of mail) Standard Mail
- 500 pieces First-Class Mail
- Mail must be identical in shape, size, thickness and dimensions.
- We cannot print addresses on laminated or UV-coated materials.
Bulk mail instructions
- Contact us at email@example.com or 704-687-0382 before you design your mailing so we can advise you on the sizes and folds that will provide the best value and provide a quote.
- Fill out the Bulk Mail Order Form online. In order to submit the form, you must upload a properly formatted, complete list of recipient mailing addresses. Download the Bulk Mail Address List Template.
- After submitting the form, send all printed materials to the Bulk Mail Processing Center in Lower Prospector.
- Your department will receive an invoice once billing has been completed.
Use of the postage paid permit
UNC Charlotte’s prepaid postage permit imprint, or indicia, belongs to Mail & Package Services and cannot be used without permission.