Faculty & Staff Packages
Sending a Package
Make sure package is properly wrapped and addressed. The Mail & Package Services Center has mailing materials for purchase and we gladly offer packaging advice.
70 lb Maximum: It is a Postal Service policy not to send any packages greater than 70 lbs.
For the best possible service:
- Use full & formal names (first and last, no nicknames)
- Provide a delivery and return address
- Capitalize everything in the address
- Use two (2) letter state abbreviations, and common abbreviations
- Eliminate all punctuation
- Use Zip + 4 Codes (e.g. 28223-0001)
- For International Mail, please provide country name in ALL CAPITALS on last address line
Departmental Invoice can be used by Faculty/Staff in order to purchase postage and postal supplies.