Union Station in Popp Martin Student Union provides shipping and U.S. Passport services. At Union Station, you’ll find:
Package shipping service
Union Station offers USPS, DHL, and FedEx shipping options. We'll compare pricing, so you can choose which service is the best choice for your budget and/or delivery needs.
Stamps and shipping supplies
Stamps, boxes, and packing materials are for sale. Expert advice on preparing your shipment is always free!
Money orders are available at Union Station as well as Mail & Package Services in lower Prospector Building.
Official U.S. passport acceptance station
Union Station has been certified as a Passport Acceptance Facility to process U.S. Passports and submit them for Department of State approval. Passport application requires proper documentation. Passport photo service is also available.
Physical address: Popp Martin Student Union, 8845 Craver Rd., Charlotte, NC 28262
- Passport processing is best done by appointment (704-687-5803). Appointments are available 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Monday through Friday. Be sure to bring all required documents and a completed application to your appointment.
- UNC Charlotte students, faculty, and staff: passport service hours are 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday through Friday, by an appointment.
Execution Fee: $35 (cash only)
Photo Fee: $15 (cash only)
Adult (age 16+) Passports (must be paid with a check or money order)
Expedite Fee $60- optional overnight return delivery fee $18.32 added to check or money order (5 to 7 weeks).
- Passport Book (regular service, 10 to 12 weeks): $130
- Passport Card (regular service, 10 to 12 weeks): $30
- Passport Card (expedited service, 5 to 7 weeks): $90
- Passport Book and Card (regular service, 10 to 12 weeks): $160
Minor Passports (must be paid with a check or money order)
Expedite Fee $60- optional overnight return delivery fee $18.32 added to check or money order (5 to 6 weeks).
- Passport Book (regular service, 10 to 12 weeks): $100
- Passport Card (regular service, 10 to 12 weeks): $15
- Passport Book and Card (regular service, 10 to 12 weeks): $115
Campus mailbox rental
For students who would like the convenience of having a consistent campus address or faculty and staff members who would benefit from having a personal mail delivered to them at a central, campus location, Union Station offers campus boxes for rent.
Boxes are available in 6 and 12-month terms, which may be renewed as long as you remain a current student (regardless of on-campus or off-campus residence), faculty or staff member.
- $10 for 6 months
- $15 for 12 months
Kodak® photo kiosk
Self-service Kodak Picture Maker photo kiosk allows photo duplication from 2" x 1" up to 8" x 10".
Touch screen allows easy cropping, red-eye correction and retouching. Add borders or create collages, calendars, cards and invitations with Picture Maker photo projects.
Extracts photos from USB drive, CD, DVD and Bluetooth, etc. Save pictures from camera media cards to CD or DVD.
- Local fax: 50¢ per page
- Out-of-state: $1.00 per page
Latex and Mylar; one or two at a time or by the bunch!
- Latex: 1.25¢ each
- Helium only (for your balloons)
- Mylar: $3.25 each
- Hi-float latex balloon life extender: 30¢ each